Monday 6 July 2009

Commitment

I'm very impressed with people updating their blogs religiously while also working full time jobs, taking care of their children, travelling the globe or whatever it is other people do. I'm unemployed and I still manage to be "too busy" to post a single update in four days.

Ok, I just lied to you.

I'm probably the least busy person (not counting comatose people) on this planet right now. As I am writing this I have just finished my second cup of coffee for today, washed my breakfast dishes and realized that today's "The view" is in fact a re-run that I have watched before. Normally this just means I change the channel and watch Oprah instead, but today's Oprah means watching musically "gifted" children singing their little hearts out to a live audience that probably curses under their breath as they realize that today is not the day Oprah will give everyone in the audience a new house. It's too painful.

Yesterday, my dear dear fiancé dragged me out to go running. I'm not fit in any way shape or form. I'm not fat, but that's more of a welcome surprise than the result of regular excersice. Running to me seems pointless unless to catch a tram, a hundred dollar bill blowing in the wind or escaping something that will more likely than not physically harm you if you're slower than it. Judging from my performance yesterday, I stand no chance against most predators, or tram carts on the move for that matter.

No comments: