Monday 6 July 2009

Dinnah time!

Well, not quite yet, but there is a smell of burnt cheese slowly taking over the apartment and that made me realize that the time for cooking is now.

I watch "Master chef" a lot, and it always amazes me how they manage to come up with stuff to cook from some random ingredient on the spot. Not to mention "Iron chef"! Ohmigod, I had almost forgotten about the genious that is Iron chef until I stumbled across it while channel surfing aimlessly a dark night some time last year. Need I mention it's the Japanese version and not the American one I'm referring to? I hope not. While living in Canada I used to watch it all the time on the food network (oh, how I miss thee), and the inventiveness and sheer skill of the iron chefs never seized to amaze me, as well as the randomness of the main ingredient. How to make a delicious tasting 6 course meal, every one of those meals containing abalone I might never understand, but I guess that is sort of the point.

So, what to make for dinner?

No comments: